eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PICTURES AND REVIEWS FROM MEGA MEET 2007

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild-Gal

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/wild-gal/pocuk%20mega%20meet%2007/   Our pics of the week...... Cool

Apparantly........ Somebody thought Stoney and me WAS  the entertainment!! Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Surprised

If you booked us for your event......you need yer money back!!!! Very Happy  Very Happy

All I can add is sooooo much thanks to all that helped (with the putting up/taking down of gazeebos (they are harder than they look and dont go up on their own!) and of course all that cooking...... yum yum..) GARLIC MUSHROOMS ANYONE????? Laughing  Laughing

Bouncy castle (cheers Hayley)...a must for any meet......... even tho the kids were making sure it wasnt going to go back in the van when the owners came to collect it!!! (imagine about 30 kids hanging on the back of a transit ... Shocked )

And a special thank you thank you thank you...... to whoever brought the SUN!!!!! sunny  sunny  sunny

(also I apologise for Richie when he gave his thanks etc..... he forgot to thank the peeps that made/bought the badges/windscreen foil things/kids activity stuff/kids HUGE goodie bags and for them super dooper candles in a jar thingys...I loved them!!!)

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A FANTASTIC TIME...... I CERTAINLY DID!!!,  AND I HOPE WE WILL SEE YOU SOON AT ANOTHER EVENT!!!!  Wink

Karen x x
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 21:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mudcom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apparantly........ Somebody thought Stoney and me WAS  the entertainment!!

well you two pulled that many disapering acts we thort you was doing a magic act Laughing
stoney

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the birds of prey that often take off from the zoo and are not seen for a few days.........

Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crackin' event... great to meet everyone... some for the first time, others again! Wink

Thanks to everyone who was there, for making it such good fun... special thanks to those who organised, cooked and assisted... well done guys and girls! Very Happy

Extra thanks to Redders for leading our group on the lanes... much appreciated, Andy... hope you get your truck sorted soon! Wink

And big thanks to Wiggletiger for assisting with my busted electric window... you're a star, Keith! Very Happy

No pics, I'm afraid... took two cameras and forgot to use either! Rolling Eyes
denjo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics Cool  Cool
Looks like everybody had a good time
And here,s poor old me, stuck at home decorating all weekend. Crying or Very sad
Life sucks Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
mrs redders

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x188/pocukpics/MM07/?

My pics from the weekend  Smile  

Thank you to James for navigating on Friday & Saturday, next time you can drive and I will navigate for you  Wink

And thanks to everyone who helped to make this a great meet  Cool
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1:   Weds 8th August

Turned up to site after a 6 hour journey, at 2pm an extremely hot and sunny day ... not too good when the Paj is air-con less!!  Rolling Eyes
We arrived with Banf, got to our pitches and there were 'lodgers' in our pitches .... would you believe it, the pitches we had booked
were pre-occupied, so we had to move 3 other peeps out of their pitches.
2 hours later .... Richie arrived, the 'lodgers' were also in his pitch  Rolling Eyes   then Mark Dale arrived and we put him far away from us  Wink
Later that evening the 'lodgers' moved on .... to someone elses pitch elsewhere on site  Rolling Eyes

Day 2:  Thurs 9th August

Weather was sunny and very hot, didn't need the air-con today  Laughing  (Thank goodness  Laughing  )  First arrival on Thursday was Taz and
Spud and 7.30am  Shocked  they had been travelling all night.  Throughout the day everyone arrived in dribs and drabs and lots of people spent
their first day at the zoo.  We had one arrival without a Paj ... Maxpajero, came in a Focus ... he had problems with his turbo .... but looking on the
brightside .... how much fuel did he save  Very Happy
Nothing was planned for the evening, just a general meet and greet.

Day 3:  Friday 10th August

The remainder of the arrivals came, the gazebos were duly set-up, and the fridges arrived to store the food  .... all 6 of them  Shocked and the BBQ's (kindly made by Redders).  The main event of Friday was the 'dispersing' of the Chilli - Big thanks to Mark 'headchef' Dale and his team and of course the BINGO .... think Stoney has found a new vocation in life ... Bingo-caller-extraordinaire  .... you can tell he is 40 soon  Shocked   Wink .... cheers Stoney, Karen and Jo  Laughing

Day 4:  Saturday 11th August

Another Hot sunny day .... (blimey we were blessed this year)
Today there was several events lined up .... 1st was to get the 'green-laners' laning, there were 4 groups of 5 .... or 5 groups of 4  Embarassed
with thanks to Redders and Suvvey for organising those.
The bouncy castle then arrived to keep the kiddiwinks worn out.   (Great idea for future events  Wink  ) with thanks to mrs redders for organising
that for me.  Thanks to Baddoo for supplying the kids with goody bags.
Food was then started to be prepared at about 4'ish ... Thanks again to Mark Dale, Gareth, Stumpyjoe, Mudcom .... (and the others that I didn't see  Embarassed  )
The Green laners returned all dusty and muddy .... hungry and ravenous.
Later on ....  we then had another round of Bingo .... Telford Vikings .... er .... difficult quiz .... mind you .... it's easy when you have the answers in front
of you  Laughing  .... Thanks Frank, you make an excellent quiz master too.
All the money for the Quiz went into the charity fund.

Here's my big Big BIG Thanks to Karen (Wildgal) and Jo (Mrs shiny)  for selling the Bingo tickets, being 'hostesses with the mostess' with all
the paperwork/money collection for the quiz and most of all selling the raffle tickets .... as most of you know ... I'm quite er ... 'immobile' at the moment  Embarassed

We managed to raise another amazing £200 for the Marie Curie charity .... POCUKS nominated charity this year .... and thanks to everyone who donated the prizes to make it possible  .... especially to Simon, Sir Pocuk himself and Milners Off Road, and everyone who bought tickets of course.
By the Way, Daisy won the Star Prize ... the Portable DVD player.  Very Happy

Day 5:  Sunday 12th August

A sunny day, with slight breeze overcast on occasions, (oh and we had a few casualty gazebos with a big gust of wind  Shocked )
Everyone dragged themselves from their beds ... Club Shop opened at 12 pm .... thanks to everyone who supported the club via club shop.  Wink
Karen (Wildgal) started face painting at 1pm and finished at about 10pm .... only joking, but all the kiddies wanted doing  Shocked
Big thanks to Mrs redders for donating the box of craft activities, and Mrs Petelgv1 for supervising the activities  thumbright
Later on, we all grouped up for the group photos ... we forgot on the Saturday  Embarassed  otherwise we would have had lots more Pajs ... as
we had lots of day visitors.  Of course ... 2 mins after we grouped all got out to take the photos we had the first rain shower  Embarassed
didn't last for long though.   Very Happy   ...  but I think that rain shower .... 'did it' .... for Redders paj  Laughing
At 5'ish .... the kids had their buffet  ....
.... and thats where I have to leave it .... I didn't see/hear/participate in anything else till Sunday morning .... but I'm sure .... unless I was dreaming ....
Anne was playing her violin .......

A big thanks to everyone who participated in this meet ... to make it as successful as it was .... here's to next years ....  Very Happy
Wild-Gal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't see/hear/participate in anything else till Sunday morning

Monday morning yer mean!!!! Rolling Eyes (unless you were dreaming all of sunday ) Laughing

And I think Frank (Telford Viking) found the karaoke machine!!!!!!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not Monday today? ....   Laughing
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

no frank did not need the microphone nether did mike daisys other half a very good night of music & shooting stars for them who came out
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-light of the weekend .....   The bald Eagle spying Tonys dog for dinner ... it was getting closer and closer .........    Laughing
mudcom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinner don't you meen a snack
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experiment - does this work?
No, but this does  Very Happy
Click on the thumbnails..
The line up has had the weather improved as well... Laughing  

Again, thanks to all the organisers as well as Stoney the bingo caller, music provider and marquee erecter, Telford Viking the quizmaster and closet Pavarotti ( a very nice singing voice  Cool ) , Mark Dale for chopping up a lorry-load of chickens and pork ribs and inspiring the food prep etc., the BBQ team, loans of can openers various, Onan and Fran for making up our ( almost winning  Laughing  ) quiz team, Karen for some very artistic face painting ... sorry .. I should have helped you out, but you were doing such a cracking job  Very Happy  Richie for being Richie, Tonka for those exellent windscreen shades  Very Happy , Thanks Simon for donating the star prize - which I assure you has gone to a very good home  Wink , the kids who did their very own quiz on the spur of the moment and hand wrote all the quiz sheets  Cool  and all the other people who are so friendly and helpful - it's a real happy family  Laughing
Tutor 52 parked his tent next to ours, and Daniel made a wonderful, if perhaps unwitting ?  Wink observation in his quite brilliant and inspired 'word of the moment' at one point - 'backwoods', or was it 'backwards', which seemed so utterly appropriate for the group of extras from Deliverance who had parked their caravan by the entrance and nearly murdered each other in their attempt to put the 'effing' awning  Laughing  Laughing up Shocked  ...
They came over to have a friendly shout at Boris as we were packing up - and in the course of learning their life history; they'd come down from Manchester, via Devon  Confused , for the birth of a granddaughter, ( I'm tempted to say, a sad day for humanity, but I wouldn't be so tactless  Rolling Eyes  Laughing ).. we touched on towing - they were towing that van with a Renault Scenic... 'effin' Dad' had his own way of converting from kgs to lbs, working on a conversion of 2.5  Confused  He made our boat 1.3 tons - so perhaps we don't need the Paj after all... Confused  Ah well, I suppose they were harmless, if somewhat loud... Rolling Eyes

Boris is utterly exhausted  Wink

A great weekend and a real success.
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

just arrived back from the megameet........on the back of a truck, fan belt broke, it overheated, burst some hoses and likely  the head gasket as well. sigh.
took the AA 5hrs from phone call to pick up, but we're home at last.

apart from that, we had a lovely sunny friendly relaxing weekend. great to meet friends old and new again. the bird of prey was sitting on my roofcrate at one point, we were cooking kippers at the time!

a big thank you to everyone involved in making sure all ran smoothly.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no  Sad  Sad

Hope it's not the head  Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: