Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Gen 2 1996 Pajero SWB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samfox

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:43    Post subject: Gen 2 1996 Pajero SWB Reply with quote

Does anyone know how the height adjustment works on the small wheel base gen 2 Pajero and what fluid does it use? Secondly did the SWB have rear air conditioning or just rear heater?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ShogunDave

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

My swb has heating controls in the back for rear seat passengers, air con can only be switched on and off from the front. It may be different on other spec of Shogun/Pajero.

What do you mean by height adjustment? If it's the button next to the handbrake your talking about then that's for adjusting the stiffness of the suspension but not the ride height. I'm not aware of it using any fluid. A lot of Shoguns and Pajeros will have had their shock absorbers replaced with ones that aren't adjustable.
Samfox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Japanese version, it has the adjustable suspension as you pointed out but also a electrical height adjustment option as well, a button labeled hi-lo. The button is located next to the S M H button. There are plenty references to this system on this forum but no one has seemed to figure out which oil it takes. All the information I've gathered so far is that it is a hydraulic system and not an air suspension. It lifts the Pajero using hydraulic rams. Some people say it uses ATF, some say it's brake oil and some say it uses hydraulic jack oil.

I just wanted to confirm if the swb had air con in the back or not. There's only a blower under the rear seat and it seems to give heat or blow air nothing else. If I'm missing something please let me know.

Secondly the version I have seems to have a different designed spoiler and came with recaro seats, I wanted to confirm was this a factory option or some special edition.

The Pajero is a 1997 SWB 3.5. Also what baffles me is that I've seen 1996 swb with different front grills and lights. The one I have has round lights while I've seen many with square lights as well.
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might find more detail that helps answer some of your questions via the parts diagrams. As long as you have the model code (e.g. GRHM) finding the correct set of diagrams is easy:

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375
Samfox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tried looking everywhere even with the part numbers but to no avail, does anyone have a Japanese service manual. I'm sure it has details about it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: