Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Exhaust Temperature Sensor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
is0lde

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 21:28    Post subject: Exhaust Temperature Sensor? Reply with quote

Hi,

My mechanic here got me to replace two oxygen sensors located before the catalytic converter when the Maintenance light came on.
He then told me that I need to replace the Exhaust temperature sensor Part# MR507356.  I have looked everywhere for this and cant find any website that even lists a generic part for this.
Has anyone come across this before and do they know if this is a dealer only part?

(I did not think that a Pejero had one of these?)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 21:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres one at the front of the Cat and one after AFAIK there ain't any others HTH
is0lde

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am inclined to agree.  The Service manual I have found shows the the same.  I will show this to the mechanic and see what he has to say. Mad
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll say Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Laughing
is0lde

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - My Mechanic stopped by today and showed me where the two Oxygen sensors are located. (inside the engine compartment, one on each exhaust manifold).  Smile
Ok, so there are two sensors before the Catalytic converter, contrary to the Service Manual I have for a 6G7 Engine. (my engine is a 6G74 which might explain the discrepancy??)
He also showed me the Heat Sensor, (I have a photo, but I don't think I am allowed to post it directly),..  The "Heat Sensor" Is under the car after the CC on the exhaust pipe.  Again the Manual I have dose not show this.
So;
1. Who knows the part number for this illusive "heat sensor"
2. Does any one have an actual manual for my Pajero!  its a V65W 2003, V6 3.5 L GDI A/T.
is0lde

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the photo..

http://s1037.photobucket.com/albums/a455/tristanfouere/Pajero/
is0lde

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have found that the Part in question is an Exhaust Pressure Sensor.  I have updated the Pictures to show the Schematic. Dealer Cant get it in the UK, Japan only Part they said.
So Its coming out of Japan for $220 USD.   Rolling Eyes
tkhan

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:54    Post subject: Same Problem - 12 years later Reply with quote

is0lde wrote:
Well I have found that the Part in question is an Exhaust Pressure Sensor.  I have updated the Pictures to show the Schematic. Dealer Cant get it in the UK, Japan only Part they said.

I am facing the exact same issue. I also have the same vehicle. A LWB 3.5 V6 GDI 6G74 V65W, 2003.
Do you, by any chance still have the part number?
What I am even more interested in, is do you still own the vehicle???

I sincerely hope you have email notifications enabled and get my message. They wont let me PM you. I just signed up after I saw your post with the very same problem. I was hoping to rub off on your experiences  Laughing
tkhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:41    Post subject: Re: Same Problem - 12 years later Reply with quote

tkhan wrote:
is0lde wrote:

I also have the same vehicle. A LWB 3.5 V6 GDI 6G74 V65W, 2003.
Do you, by any chance still have the part number?  Laughing

I stand corrected. All other particulars are the same, but its not a V65W, rather a V75W.
tkhan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to experts' input and the part number please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: