2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

My first mod 16x8j modulars

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rallyrep

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 15:59    Post subject: My first mod 16x8j modulars Reply with quote

My first mod and not a direct fit,I can't  lift the car due to spinal injury so it stays at this height, but the coopers STT,s have lifted it a fair bit,

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 15:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

scoots

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good mate
Simon_W

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look good and I am glad that you managed to get them on.   Smile   Did you need to grind much off the calipers?

What size tyres are they, and what's the offset on those wheels?
Rallyrep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_W wrote:
That does look good and I am glad that you managed to get them on.   Smile   Did you need to grind much off the calipers?

What size tyres are they, and what's the offset on those wheels?

Hi Simon yes I had to grin a couple of mill of the top edge and they went straight on, there negative -35ET and 8j rims regards Andy
dramaone

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. I've also a Shogun sport warrior on a 55 plate standard.

I would like to change the wheels to the same as what you have done.

Ive not any experience of this so would appreciate a bit of help please.

What is the tyre size?

When you say -35ET after googling I see it refers to the offset, is that what offset I require when I purchase the rims?

Many thanks
Rallyrep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramaone wrote:

What is the tyre size?

When you say -35ET after googling I see it refers to the offset, is that what offset I require when I purchase the rims?

Many thanks

Hi if you want the same contact Chris at 4x4tyres.co.uk and say you want the same set as Andy 265/75/16 CooperSTT,s with black modular 16x8j rims wth et35 offset £641 all in,after that it's about 2 hrs work, pm me if you need further help Andy
dramaone

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rallyrep wrote:
dramaone wrote:

What is the tyre size?

Many thanks

Hi if you want the same contact Chris at 4x4tyres.co.uk and say you want the same set as Andy 265/75/16 CooperSTT,s with black modular 16x8j rims wth et35 offset £641 all in,after that it's about 2 hrs work, pm me if you need further help Andy

Thanks Andy - appreciate the fast response Smile
virtualyoda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good mate, glad you got it sorted Smile
dramaone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rallyrep wrote:
dramaone wrote:

What is the tyre size?

Many thanks

Hi Andy

I rang Chris and got a good price from him delivered. Thanks for the link on that one.

I spoke to him briefly about the need to reduce caliper size and he said that was because you wanted the deep dish look of that offset modular and although our conversation was short he eluded to the fact that if i went for a smaller/different offset they would be fit without any mods.

Is this true? and if so now you have purchased and completed the mod work do you think the extra worth warrants the look or would you advise me to go with a different offset modular and just bolt them on.

Thanks again Julian
virtualyoda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deep dish of the wheel is not the issue he had, the style of wheel mixed with the deep dish is,
There are lots of types of mod wheels and it just so happens that those type when mixed with the -35 offset meant the wheel came inwards of the rim. I run -35 Mods of a different style and have not had the calliper issue.

either way it is nothing to worry about. The offset is your choose, the higher the offset the more the wheel will sit into the arch the lower the offset " -35 is very low because it is a - not a +"  the further it will stick out the arch
Rallyrep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:57    Post subject: Wheels Reply with quote

Well with all the work to do, skim the calipers,and remove front mudflaps,for someone fit and not disabled like me doing a bit at a time, it's not much of a problem I love the look even if they sit an inch out of the arches,but doing the work made me pretty rough for a few days,So I'll say part of me wishes I'd gone smaller and straight fit and no pain and the other half loves the look and didn't mind the work, If your really bothered go smaller or maybe a different rim as some people have said it may well be the manafacture  of the rim., I'll post some better pics up later ,I parked next to a silver sport today at tescos lol and now sits about 3 inches taller.
dramaone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 14:54    Post subject: Re: Wheels Reply with quote

Rallyrep wrote:
Well with all the work to do, skim the calipers,and remove front mudflaps,for someone fit and not disabled like me doing a bit at a time, it's not much of a problem I love the look even if they sit an inch out of the arches,but doing the work made me pretty rough for a few days,So I'll say part of me wishes I'd gone smaller and straight fit and no pain and the other half loves the look and didn't mind the work, If your really bothered go smaller or maybe a different rim as some people have said it may well be the manufacture  of the rim., I'll post some better pics up later ,I parked next to a silver sport today at tescos lol and now sits about 3 inches taller.

No doubt its looks great ! and I bet the difference becomes more apparent when sat next to a standard.
For me I want that look and size and substantial difference otherwise there is no point in changing from the nice standard 18" but also ofcourse would love to not have to modify anything if at possible ( yeah best of both world ha )
Id probably want to stay in line with arches rather than sit outside of them but maintain the size of modular and tyre.
Do you think a different offset would on that same rim would give me that, plus no rubbing anywhere else?
Rallyrep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 17:45    Post subject: Rims Reply with quote

From the first pic you can see just how wide this is,you could allways get a zero offset then use spacers to get your tyres flush with the arches, I'm personally not a fan of spacers but a lot are.

Simon_W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the noise levels like on those tyres Andy? Have you had it on the motorway yet?

(Of course I understand that it will be relative to the tyres you had on before, which probably weren't MTs)
Rallyrep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 20:23    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi Simon I had Dunlop road tyres on before, but yes I've had it at 70mph on the motorway and yes you can here a weeeer from the tyres but I wouldn't want to go any faster with them on ,but the grip around town is very good in the dry, on the whole around town great but I wouldn't want to do 100 mile trip with them on the motorway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: