Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Insurance

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 16:50    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

I have just commenced insurance of my Pajero via Bradgate, and have experienced a somewhat disinterested attitude following the payment of the premium, and upon the request for supplementary cover notes etc. Has anyone any experience good or bad of this insurance broker ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 16:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

DELBOY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used bradgate and they have been ok with me not got my paper work back yet
Guy C

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same long delay betwen paying for cover and actually getting the cover note, but after about 4 weeks it arrived. Had to call about 6 times though!

I don't suspect anything to be worried about, but if any body else an add to this perhaps we should investigate.

Guy C
DELBOY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my cover note 2 days after i payed just send back all the paper work to them last week so will see how long it takes them to get my policy back
GaryJB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gave me a quote just before christmas,found to be cheaper than my current insurers but did not send any paperwork through.If they are lax about getting your business they are probably lax in all other areas,so I stayed with Liverpool Victoria,who were only dearer by £20 and £50 less excess and have provided me with top class service.
oldbill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 17:30    Post subject: Bradgate Insurance Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad

I've also had problems-cover note arrived in plenty of time but I sent back proposal form and they lost it, so I've now sent another but I have to say that I'm not impressed-watch this space

Clive
BobK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 21:49    Post subject: Bradgate problems Reply with quote

I just posted over in the insurance section a short tale of woe. To recap, I agreed to a quote and paid in November 2002. I will shortly reach the end of my second cover note with no full documentation despite a number of calls.
I was told that as long as I had a cover note I shouldn't worry. I responded that if I have to keep calling to get new cover notes that Bradgate is costing me time and money.
I'm not happy!
I keep getting referred to the Kent office who don't seem to know how to return phone calls when they say they will.
Any suggestions?
Tazz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problems with bradgate, paid the deposit on my credit card received the cover note in a few days then nothing, after repeated phone calls I still have no policy. However they were quick enough at taken the first installment from my bank. It makes you wonder how long you would have to wait if you ever had to make a claim! Definatly the cheapest policy but the service is *beep*.

Tazz.
BeeCee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 22:46    Post subject: Bradgate Reply with quote

I'd like to echo all the above. Took out insurance in November, paid initial amount by cc and received cover note within a few days.......and nothing since. Cover note has long since expired, and am a little concerned considering the number of similar experiences. Will ring Bradgate tomorrow and advise of the level of dissatisfaction eminating on this web site - will post their reply.

BeeCee
micvay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) my disco is insured by adrian flux, it took about six weeks to get the policy but i would not worry providing bradgate issue cover notes
stumpey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time my renewal came up I asked Bradgate for a quote,they came back even more expensive than my current policy. They said they would come back with a better quote but never did, so as far as I am concerned they don't need the business!!.

Current broker for last 5 years LIFESURE cheaper, quicker, policy in post in one week nuff said. They have always insured my import cars CRX,PAJ etc without a problem.

Steve
daveydw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

there useless and they dont care about there customers just having there name on this site , once they get the cash they dont want to know
Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a thought - if a company is poor at taking your money (needing phone calls and chase-ups).
How are they going to be should you (god forbid) have an accident and need a courtesy car in a hurry and your Pajero back in one piece?
I'd rather pay a little extra and be assured of efficency than pay rock bottom prices and spend the extra chasing up where my car is once someone goes into the back of me.
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BobK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just made my feelings felt by voting in the poll in the insurance thread. Noticed that 55% of the respondents rated Bradgate below average. Only 20 votes but I think more of those who are dealing with them may need to join the vote.
I hope that anyone who is interested/involved in using Bradgate and the levels of service should vote ASAP.

BobK
alcooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone in the process of buying a Pajero thank you all for this thread. The cheapest quote I have so far found - by a long way I should emphasise - is LIFESURE (recommended by garage) and I don't think I'll bother with Bradgate from what I have read here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: