eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Tapping/Chapping at 3000 revs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanbendowski

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 16:45    Post subject: Tapping/Chapping at 3000 revs Reply with quote

Hey Guys. Posted this elsewhere before but received no response.

I have had my Sport 2005 2.5td Equippe for a few months but do mainly short journeys. Have had no real trouble with her and only problem is she is completely gutless, getting past 50/60 makes me think she is screaming her nuts off. Anyway, the wife and i had to take a trip today for work and there was a nice stretch of motorway so took her up past 60. As i said she was awfully gutless and sounds like a tranny van at that speed but i assume thats normal?

When we got back to town i noticed when i get to about 40 mph, i can hear a sort of "chapping" sound. Proper sh*t myself thinking big ends away but cant be as on idle she sounds perfect and i can rev the engine quite significantly and no big end noise knocking. Any ideas ? do you think its the same as this post and maybe the small chrome inserts that sit between the rocker arm end and the tappet? Its clearly not in warranty and there is no mitsy dealer near me so getting her to a dealer isnt going to be easy. Sounds like tappets. Also the EGR valve was removed and blanked off by me a while ago. Runs about the same apart from it was caked in *beep* when i took it off and blanked

General driving around, i dont hear this, its really at 3k revs or more. Engine temperature sits well, oil pressure sits at about 2 (as its always done). Could sure do with some advice here guys as bricking it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 16:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

richiepajero

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that sound on 2.8 is camchain but yours is a belt isn't it?
stanbendowski

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah mate, mine is a belt whcih was done 10k ago. Some people have mentioned some little spacers or something that sit under the tapepts. Sound familiar?
richiepajero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it could be a few things, hard to tell without hearing it, water pumps can make strange sounds and also were the pulleys done with the belts?
dervdave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try some 2 stroke in the diesel  Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: