QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

High Moor Farm Harrogate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravan & Camp site recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beno36

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 23:40    Post subject: High Moor Farm Harrogate Reply with quote

Just spent three nights here and what a complete rip off and is far from a family site.

They told us they only charge one price all year round but fail to tell you that it is 3 quid a night for your awning and 1.50 a night for anyone over the age of 4.

So over all for 3 nights it cost us 85quid.

The amount of people that were speeding on this site is un-true. Why people feel the need to speed on campsites is beyond me.
The main culprit for speeding on the site is the onwner he went past our van not once but twice at around 30mph.

The site has a great swimming pool but guess what ??????? It has no changing rooms Shocked So its off for a swim with your dressing gown around you and back to your van soaking wet.

Pitches are all mainly grass and whilst ample space either side you have a van that is no more than 4ft behind you.

The water filling points have stupid push taps and it takes on average 10mins to fill your auqua roll.

The shower blocks are dated, cold and dirty. They charge you 20p for a shower that is pathetic and when someone else gets a shower yours goes cold for a few seconds. Oh and it needs to be questioned why the ladies shower block has a camera in there !

The club house has no kids entertainment. Has signs everywhere stating that all children must vacate by 9pm to make room for the adults. The only entertainment is bingo every night

We were told by Kimberly one of the owners if we have any complaints whilst we were there to let her know. So me being me told her and her reply was I was been picky and expecting too much

One other thing that really got my back up was our kids put 4quid in a games machine and it did not work and when they told reception they replied with you can not have your money back.

Belive me they soon coughed up when I went down to seee them

Overall this is a typical commercial site that does not give a stuff about anyone. Your typical lets cram everyone in and make as much money as we can.

Oh and just to add I gave a review on this site on UK campsite and the owners emailed UKcampsite and said if you do not remove that review we will take legal action ! Just goes to show they have something to hide.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 23:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

phil 2.5 paj

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will agree with all of this its just money money with this lot try riply castle site next time your down this way lovely site and its only 5 mins out of harrogate
mick1969
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Re: High Moor Farm Harrogate Reply with quote

Beno36 wrote:
Just spent three nights here and what a complete rip off and is far from a family site.

They told us they only charge one price all year round but fail to tell you that it is 3 quid a night for your awning and 1.50 a night for anyone over the age of 4.

So over all for 3 nights it cost us 85quid.

The amount of people that were speeding on this site is un-true. Why people feel the need to speed on campsites is beyond me.
The main culprit for speeding on the site is the onwner he went past our van not once but twice at around 30mph.

The site has a great swimming pool but guess what ??????? It has no changing rooms Shocked So its off for a swim with your dressing gown around you and back to your van soaking wet.

Pitches are all mainly grass and whilst ample space either side you have a van that is no more than 4ft behind you.

The water filling points have stupid push taps and it takes on average 10mins to fill your auqua roll.

The shower blocks are dated, cold and dirty. They charge you 20p for a shower that is pathetic and when someone else gets a shower yours goes cold for a few seconds. Oh and it needs to be questioned why the ladies shower block has a camera in there !

The club house has no kids entertainment. Has signs everywhere stating that all children must vacate by 9pm to make room for the adults. The only entertainment is bingo every night

We were told by Kimberly one of the owners if we have any complaints whilst we were there to let her know. So me being me told her and her reply was I was been picky and expecting too much

One other thing that really got my back up was our kids put 4quid in a games machine and it did not work and when they told reception they replied with you can not have your money back.

Belive me they soon coughed up when I went down to seee them

Overall this is a typical commercial site that does not give a stuff about anyone. Your typical lets cram everyone in and make as much money as we can.

Oh and just to add I gave a review on this site on UK campsite and the owners emailed UKcampsite and said if you do not remove that review we will take legal action ! Just goes to show they have something to hide.
so you had a great time then mate will you be going again then haha alot of then sites are the same they only care about the money no customer care what so ever
mick
torch

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

A perfect example of why I avoid all commercial sites like the plauge.

I use CC sites - but mainly the cl's - small sites with max 5 vans, many now with leccy and the odd few with showers, usually no more than £5 - £10 a night.

However I don't have kids so don't have to worry about keeping them occupied!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Caravan & Camp site recommendations All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: