Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Liverpool Victoria - Vehicle Theft Payout!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 15:42    Post subject: Liverpool Victoria - Vehicle Theft Payout!! Reply with quote

Now I know you can't judge an insurance company on policy price alone, but most of us do!

I went to LV on the advice of John Cooper (JC Imports) , they where the cheapest I could find by miles.

Now I was very happy with my 2.8Tdi until some thieving little **&^%*(* removed it from my drive one night, I phoned the police at 6:15 am and reported it, then at 6:25 am I rang L&V to report the theft, and to give them there due they answered and took the details.

Within 3 working days of the theft, a nominated insurance inspector attended my house and took the details. 2 weeks later, I was being made an offer, granted it was not a lot! I spoke to the 'salvage team' as there known on the phone and explained that it was Super Exceed spec, the next day they rang back with a new offer which I accepted (good offer), 3 days later the cheques arrived!

Now we'd booked for holidays sometime before, but I had nothing to draw the caravan with! I went out and got a Mondeo cheap, rang LV who swapped the cover onto the Mondeo no problem, didn't charge an admin fee, and now I'm the proud owner of a 93 3.5V6 24Valve LWB Super Exceed!!! and swapped over the insurance to this no problem, no fee, same price as the 2.8Tdi.

All done over the telephone mostly on Sat mornings and at no time was I messed about, documents arrived quickly with out errors.

I have nothing but praise for LV and would recommend them to anyone! I'm sure there are those who have issues with LV, but my comments are from a real situation none of us really want to be in.

I must say a thanks to POC member OldBill who assisted in the settlement negotiation by getting me a copy of the CAP Grey Guide page for the TDi, so I had some hard evidence to work from.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 15:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear your claim went well,i to am with L+V (very cheap insurance). youve put my mind at ease if i should ever claim.ive had a shogun in the past stolen and got an excellent payout with buget,wondered how a pajero was valued payout wise.do you really have to arm yourself with that grey list to get a decent payout
Stuey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

LV (it's not L&V, just LV) were great when they paid out after my break-in last year and fixed the damage to the interior and exterior. They also dropped their renewal fee for me this year. I can't recommend them highly enough.
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart,

No I didn't really need the Grey Book, but it was nice to speak to them on there level, 'CAP Clean values are...'

Once I explained about the leather, JAOS Bull, DVD Etc, the price agreed was fine.
crozierdmnj@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:57    Post subject: cap grey guide Reply with quote

call me stupid but what is the cap grey guide? Confused
NewRSoul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the grey import version of the black book.

see www.cap.co.uk for more info, basically it's a bit like the Glass's Guide but more specific.
Pete Lincoln

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:47    Post subject: LPG Reply with quote

Peter, what kind of LPG conversion system do you have? how does it run and where did you get it converted and what was the cost? you can drop me an answer via email maybe? anke_pete@yahoo.de thanks mate.. Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: