eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

front fog lamp fuse!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingbrian

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 19:46    Post subject: front fog lamp fuse! Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Like so many of us my front fog lamps [b]DON'T WORK![/b] (PAJ 2.8TD SWB) no surprise there then! But! in my quest to see the divine light, i have found that! according to the vast amounts of posts on here, and umpteen other sites, and members forums on this subject, it would appear that after taking all advise, locations, and scenarios into account, i have come to the conclusion that! the front fogs are wired into [b]EVERY FREEKING FUSE IN THE CAR[/b]!!!!!!!!!!!!!. and even some in the back of your [b]MUMS MICROWAVE!![/b]

Has anyone out there actually got the whereabouts of this oh so sort after piece of electrical mysticism?, or should i just file it with the other 5 most looked for items!

1/ Holy Grail
2/ elixir of life
3/ Pajero front fog light fuse
4/ Lord Lucan
5/ Salman Rushdie´s forwarding address

A pic would be great, so lets put this to bed people and put one up to the spiteful little f*^+-*r that designed the wiring loom for these motors.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 19:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

peanutstruck

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wasent aware it was a problem but mine is a shogun y dont you solve it by wiring them into headlights or main beam or evan an indapendant switch
rich r

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow front foglights between the headlights on Pajeros are illegal to use in the UK and EU (because they are too far from the edges of the vehicle), and so are usually disconnected at the wiring plug just behind the grille. Foglights are defined as being able to be turned on with sidelights. Most people replace them or rewire them as driving lights - which only come on with headlight main beam, and go off when the headlights are dipped.

They are only fed from two fuses, one feeds the switch on the dashboard (fuse 19 I think), and one feeds the relay under the bonnet (main headlight one I think). First can you confirm that the switch on the dashboard lights up when you press it? Quite often it's been rewired to turn on a rear foglight (a UK/EU requirement) instead.

Best thing to do with the yellow foglights is remove them, fit a pair of decent driving lights, wired to the a relay off the headlight main beam. Then they're actually useful. Reinstating them as foglights is likely to get you a telling off by the police if they're on the ball enough about foglight positioning.
kingbrian

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for making sense of all this! The Fog switch does not light up as it is a sold rocker type to the right of the dials, marked with a lamp with downward facing illumination marks, standard fog switch in a Paj think!
ian lunn

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingbrian wrote:
Hi, Thanks for making sense of all this! The Fog switch does not light up as it is a sold rocker type to the right of the dials, marked with a lamp with downward facing illumination marks, standard fog switch in a Paj think!

Just note the REAR fog light switch should also put some form of warning indicator on (on dash) when rear fog is on so the driver is aware that its on. Can fail MOT if not working. Also the switch AND indicator should be clearly marked as to there operation/function.
nms

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for reviving the post but I had the same issue and this should stay here for future reference.

The fuse is the dedicated fuse number 10. It is in the passenger relay box which is above the passenger fuses below the steering wheel( must remove the panel below the wheel, 4 screws).

There is a relay for the rear lights. This must be on for the front fog lights to work. This is in the engine compartment.

This relay drives 12v power to many circuits. One of these is the light switch through the dedicated fuse mentioned above. The front fog lights are driven directly through this switch!

My case the switch failed. In the procedure documentarion you can test the switch by ensuring:
The pins on the left have continuity when switch is on and none when off.
The pins on the right have continuity when switch is on and none when off.
The pins in the middle are responsible for the led and should always have continuity(led).

Two of the pins drive the lights and two drive the relay signal.

In my case the switch had non negligible resistance in the driving side and as such the lights would not turn on. It was heating up too so be careful. Fuse is 15 amp so it won't go easily.

This was a very troublesome journey from me and had to really dive deep in documentation. Hope it helps someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: