Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LV.... read this

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seawolf2u

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:13    Post subject: insuring a 3000 V6 ?? Reply with quote

What fun!

After having decided on a 3000 V6, rang LV for a quote to transfer insurance from Scooby to Paj!

"Is it a new vehicle? We don't have that listed!"

" No! It's a 1991 model!"

They then proceeded to put me on hold whilst they rang the underwriter, who also did not have it on their 'list'. Then came back to me saying that they had no details of a 3000 V6, but would put a note on my file and insure me for a 3.5 - more money but at least you will be insured!
We will then get it on the system in about 14 days.

How legal is this?

Would I be covered should I have an accident?

Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seawolf2u ... in this instance I believe there's been a genuine mistake ... if people use the Quick Quote system before they contact LV, they will know for sure if their vehicle model is already on the LV system and you will get a rough idea of the premium you will be charged.

Better still, it gives you some ammo when you talk to agents who claim to be unable to find the information!

I've just been in and can see the V6 models listed, (I don't see the 2.8 tdi auto though, but I'm sure it will appear)

I hope this helps.

Simon.
broggy

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if anybody else has a 2.8 tdi L reg 1993 , as i have just found out(which I have suspected for some time) that the 2.8 only came out in 1994 (could still be on an L 1994 but if it was a new model out in 1994 surely it should be on an M plate Question ) ,so begs the question how have I been able to get insured on a car that was'nt in existance in 1993 Question

anybody with anyother info please let me know as I am going to inform the DVLA of the situation.
mitchellgunn

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you may find is that the Car is an L 1994 because Jap car registrations I belive(sure someone will correct me) run from Jan-Dec, and as we used to Do Aug - Jul there was always a conflict, so when there is a registration date pre Aug 94 they automatically put it down to the being registered 01/08/93. Again if I am wrong then someone is bound to correct me, but I have found this on all the cars I have had that were imports.
broggy

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

So from what you have said the reg document will need to be changed to show 1994 and not 1993 , You know what insurance company's are like , any little excuse not to pay out , should any think happen to my beast
seawolf2u

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 15:27    Post subject: Beg to differ, Simon Reply with quote

Sorry Simon,

Have just checked out the site myself, the 3000 V6 auto is NOT listed!

(Sorry, I did not state on my earlier post that it was auto!)

Cath
Terry N

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have today taken out a new policy with Liverpool Victoria, i was previously with Tesco, but the renewal notice came to me with a figure of £410, i rang LV and they said £285, I have a 2.8 TD auto, i cant believe what has been said to some other members. Maybe they have a certain criteria, and they use the auto thing as an excuse, if they dont want the business. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: