QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Grizzlys SS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrizzlyDan

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 13:28    Post subject: Grizzlys SS Reply with quote

Hi There

I thought it would be good to keep a track of the things I do with my sport as I go along. ( Admin if this section isn't suitable please adjust)

I picked her up Thursday 23rd, Shes go 91k on the clock and the family have come to call her Vicky after the first two letters on the plate

Ok here she is start with, 56 plate Trojan 2.5td

First little jobs I wanted to do was first put some new bulbs in for the headlights and one of the fog lights was cracked

so drilled out the rusty old fixings

and clean out the bulb holders and also replace the broken glass lens

I sealed the new lense in with some clear sealer but it was a pain to get the original glass out

new bulbs and new stainless fixings

bit of Vaseline to liven up the old rubber seals on re placing

Then onto the headlights. I will refurbish the lens with an autoglym kit I have used in the past but for now will just change out the yellowish bulbs that were different makes and types when I removed them. Didn't have to take anything out the way even with my slim frame and hands

Then it was onto the fuel filter, the SS had been sat for a while as the old couple that had previously had it, hadn't drove it for a while. She also coughs on start up and slight white smoke that tells me that theres unburnt diesel or air in the system somewere. I decided to change the filter first and then will through in a new set of glow plugs before going any deeper into it all

Fuel filter was quite easy after reading up

I found I could get a belt grip onto the filter using a bit of emery tape on the inside of it to give me instant grip

and I could also just gently bend the bracket up that supports the electrical plug for the water trap

once I cleaned out the water trap it was time to replace with shiny new filter

Seems to run a lot better, also filled the filter with stp injector cleaner and clean diesel so it fired back up first time. It still coughed into life this morning so I will still go down
the new glow plug route.

A few of the plates on the battery also look pitted. with it being stood for a while I think it could of gone flat or of been dried out too much to cause some damage. this will get replaced also

Next on the list, glow plugs as said but also to get the 12v sockets working which I think is the fuseable links and also the door sensors for the lights on the driver and passenger doors.

I replaced the dome lights with LED bulbs from fleabay so they are nice and bright again
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 13:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

almanoise

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but i can't reply to your private message cuse i'm a new member, so thanks for the welcome. Council to come to see my region, Puglia, that's wonderful an as many english go the holidays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: