Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Direct Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micwai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 14:37    Post subject: Direct Line Reply with quote

To insure with Direct Line, it now costs me £30/month. That's including all credit fees etc. The quote from Bradgate came in at £50 more. Mines a 2.5TDi LWB Paj, 1991 MK2. Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 14:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paulH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked When I rang them for a quote 18 months ago, the guy at the other end told me they didn,t do private imports. Shocked
Micwai

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 18:22    Post subject: Directline Reply with quote

Well they do now and they even insured it before the CAT was installed. (house trained ofcourse)
gaz8460

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was quoted £1,895,00 by direct line tpftheft and i have insured it fully comp with no bonus with frizzell for £595 00 so wot planet was direct line on.obviously not mine.
EvilEd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you had to be over 85, and have both your parents with you to et cover from Direct line below a grand... Smile

You know with Direct line you don't get a hire car of any description if you have a prang?
MoJo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just been quoted just over 400 a year by direct line, fully comp, with courtesy car. Works out about 39 a month - this is for a 1992, 2.5 Ex. Very Happy

Clean licence, no claims and living in the middle of nowhere obviously helped us get a decent quote.

Bradgate never got back to us when we asked for a quote so they've lost out there. Crying or Very sad
Bigrig

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too MoJo, £450 fully comp with Direct line, they even gave me a quote for a 588hp Nissan Skyline £1000 fully comp, the only company to quote on the Nissan.

Ian
Stuey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigrig wrote:
they even gave me a quote for a 588hp Nissan Skyline

Yours?
If so...... I am envious Wink
GaryJB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I phoned for a quote(just before Christmas) I was informed that Direct Line do not insure grey imports
MoJo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got nothing but praise for Direct Line - we've even moved our other car insurance over to them. Because there was a delay with DVLA and the registration etc, we weren't sure when we were going to take delivery of the Paj so Direct Line insured it on the chassis number for us, so we didn't experience any delays once the registration was complete.

Big thanx to Michael at Direct Line, we spoke to him so often I felt like inviting him for his tea ! Very Happy
farmerrock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 23:52    Post subject: direct line Reply with quote

Insured 2.5 exceed 1993 fully comp for £340 with protected ncd . I am 51 wife is 47 both full no claims bonus.I have 3 points for speeding.Had to have Thatchams cat 2 alarm fitted.
Would recommend them for price and service.
My 27 year old daughter has 2.5 exceed as well & is insured with tesco for £430.She has full no claims bonus and 3 points.Had to have alarm fitted.
ady

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Direct Line I pay about £400 a year f/comp for a 96 LWB 3.0 V6
After phoneing around all day I found them to be far cheaper.

Max no claims, no accident of convictions, aged over 30 (just, honest!!)
burgy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 15:00    Post subject: Direct Line Reply with quote

I have had my Paj (2.5TD) insured with direct line for about 3 years, neer had a problem (my Renault is also insured by them) Some theiving scum tried to nick it just before xmas, Direct Line collected and took it for repair before the police had even answered the phone and given me a crime number.

A week later, one imaculate paj delivered back with new locks and fresh paint. they were easy to deal with I'll be renewing with them next year.

Paul Burgman Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: