eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2002 mitsubishi L200 won't start when warm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iods

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 22:51    Post subject: 2002 mitsubishi L200 won't start when warm Reply with quote

hello every body I have a 2002 mitsubishi L200 2.5TD and I started havin this problem for like a month now, the car starts fine when cold like in the morning, glow plugs working fine, I can see that in the dashboard however the problem is starting the car after it's warm , like if I take it for a drive and then turn off engine, i will have hard time starting the car again and also the glow plugs won't work when the car is hot, relay doesnt click and nothing in the dashboard ...

any ideas guys ??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 22:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

coloursphotographic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will be your first responder you dont say if its diesel or petrol i will assume its diesel.. usually if its a problem related to not starting again after being warmed up and you are definitely sure you have no air leaks or corroded pipes from the fuel tank forwards... then it could point to a compression problem have you had it compression tested have you noticed any loss of power lately the other thing it could be is an injection pump problem maybe its starting to fail maybe even get the injectors tested see they are fuelling ok and not initially flooding the engine with diesel..off course all of the above maybe utter tosh and it could be some weird electrical fault with the glow plugs could also be a capacitor on the glow plug ecu thats overheating and shutting the glow plug electrical circuit down when it overheats as well check the glowplug ecu maybe faulty.. i'm sure some one with a bit more experience of this model will be along to maybe offer up some other suggestions.

hope some of this is of some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> L200 technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: