eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Dashboard Lights - 1995 Pajero 2.8TB SWB Auto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IXI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:16    Post subject: Dashboard Lights - 1995 Pajero 2.8TB SWB Auto Reply with quote

Hi folks
With such a large forum of superb information in an organisation that has been going a 100 years it is often difficult to find what you want via 'Search', so let me ask instead.
Does anyone have:-
(1 Photo step-by-step on to remove the dashboard lights cowl and the bulbs themselves
(2) The tech spec of those dashbard bulbs i.e. bulb name/nomenclature
I ask as bulbs such as rear 4x4 green and others have blown
Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 18:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to say "yes" then spotted the "1995" - but maybe it is similar to the 2003 binnacle?

Looking at a random 1995 model binnacle the shape and general layout looks the same but I suspect the rear-connections are different - the 2003 has electronic speedo whereas this appears to have a mechanical link.

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/mitsubishi/pajero-montero-4375/v45w-10500/grxml6-164767/meter-gauge-clock-1880441

However:

To remove the (black) plastic shroud that creates the dial 'round' shapes, on the 2003 model there are 2 cross-head screws in the upper lip that attach it to the underside of the dash shade lip that sticks out towards the steering wheel. Once they are out one carefully pulls and rotates the shroud lip towards the steering-wheel and down in a rotating action and then pull directly back towards the steering wheel so the lower edge clips disengage. Ensure the steering wheel is as low as it'll go because it can be a struggle to find the correct angle to get out from behind it. Fitting is the reverse; get the lower edge clips in first then rotate up and forwards.

Once the shroud is out there should be 2 cross-head screws on the left and right sides, near the lower corners of the binnacle. It helps to magnetise the screwdriver to ensure they can be lifted out without dropping and losing them.

Now one has to carefully pull the binnacle towards the steering wheel. This is where I cannot see how the 1995 model is connected. The 2003 model has captive plugs in the chassis behind it which disengage from the binnacle as it is pulled away (or should! sometimes the plugs detach from the chassis and one has to rummage around the back blindly to disconnect!) . The 1995 model may have something different especially as there appears to a the mechanical speedo cable connecting to the gearbox.

Once disconnected the bulbs are accessible from the back. I documented the 2003 model locations and values when I replaced them all with LEDs:

https://iam.tj/shogun/Shogun-Mark3-Petrol-GDi-5auto-LWB-_Binnacle-Lights.pdf

The bulbs have small twist-lugs so rotate them with a flat screwdriver through 90 degrees and then lift out. I found removing the bulb itself from the smaller twist holders all but impossible but doable with the larger size; but I replaced them all with integrated twist-holders with integrated LED and resistor.

If you need to get into the front behind the clear plastic screen there are plastic clips around the edge:

https://iam.tj/shogun/dashboard-binnacle/IMG_20200925_090519.jpg
https://iam.tj/shogun/dashboard-binnacle/IMG_20200925_090533.jpg

If you want to see all the photos I took whilst taking it completely apart:

https://iam.tj/shogun/dashboard-binnacle/
IXI

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks a million. Great answer.

Let’s regard this thread as closed now

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: