Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Need to replace ECUs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
didaloca

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 13:04    Post subject: Need to replace ECUs Reply with quote

So I'm an idiot and never got a spare key cloned while I had the chance, and also an idiot for losing the only key I had. I don't have the cobra alarm master fob or code, I've been told these are needed to program the new key to the immobilizer. I've been quoted ridiculous money to have this done professionally. I think a way around this would be to just buy a set of ECUs including ignition barrel and key, I'm just wondering how I would know what would fit my car as not all the part numbers of the sets I've seen seem to match what I have removed so far. I'm guessing they won't need programming and should just "plug and play".

eBay item number:254282176531 is what I'm looking at.

It's a LWB Shogun 2005 3.2

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 13:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

didaloca

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the plunge. For anyone else as stupid as me with no spare keys in the same situation. You only need to replace the main ecu (4 plugs) which in in the passenger footwell up against the NS body panel, and the immobiliser ecu which is in the drivers footwell inside the center console at the bottom. Plus a coded key. The main ecu is a bit of a pig to get to, there are several bolts which need to be removed and a bolt with no head. I used a long drill bit and drilled it out, but I think you can use a punch and hammer to unwind it. I went through the center console for the immobilizer ecu, I'll probably not even remove the old one as I can't see an easy access to the bolts.

The kit I ended up buying was £100 (+£50 for the lock to be picked and a new key) so I saved myself well over £500 in auto electricians / locksmith fees.

All in all, quite a lot of work if you want to steal an old shogun lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: