2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Vehicle Speed Sensor and more

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radiomike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhammika wrote:
chrispoddy wrote:
dhammika you lost me on all that till the All works bit lol Very Happy

Is my Sri Lankan accent that bad?  Smile

No, he thought you were using Sinhalese Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 23:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

dhammika

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe1888 wrote:
Mate am trying to find the correct drive gear for my 2.8 auto pajero.. One I've been sent is different from the one that was fitted, difference in cog size aswell..I would have tried it but the teeth are stripped.. Before I try order another need to make sure it's correct one. Any helps greatly appreciated..

If the original one's cog is ok, then I think you can remove the sensor part of the new one and refit to the original cog housing.
dhammika

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought this will be helpful for someone

Speed sensor (only the sensor without the cog) part number is MR122305

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-MR122305-Vehicle-Speed-Sensor-Fits-Mitsubishi-Montero-Pajero-L200-L400-/111440523938
dhammika

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is very cheap
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR122305-Speed-Sensor-Transmission-For-Mitsubishi-Montero-V6-Pajero-Shogun-/181766402170?hash=item2a521f307a:g:sAoAAOSwNSxVcVKA&vxp=mtr
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate
destroyityourself

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate, youve had much better luck than me... i feel like am fighting a loosing battle lol

you said
"3. There is a mark (small notch) on the top of the hole, where corresponding cog teeth range mark of the cog housing needs to be aligned with (And it seems my cog housing is not at the correct position)

i believe mines is the 29 teeth speedo gear, so id need to aline 29-32 right, where exactlly should they be? at the moment they just to the right of the 12mill bolt

would swapping the speedo drive into another alloy housing make any difference, i noticed one had 1 marked inside and another 3
Roadrunner2110

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe1888 wrote:
Mate am trying to find the correct drive gear for my 2.8 auto pajero.. One I've been sent is different from the one that was fitted, difference in cog size aswell..I would have tried it but the teeth are stripped.. Before I try order another need to make sure it's correct one. Any helps greatly appreciated..

I was going to paste this thread onto your thread but noticed you've seen it anyways. I did count the teeth on my gear drive but have lost the info. A pure guess however  Shocked  Wink I do seem to recollect it was either 9 or 19 teeth but I may be wrong. There are alignment markings on the alu carrier that correspond to the amount of teeth on the drive gear. It needs to be set correctly or it either strips the teeth or runs too shallow as the alu carrier is eccentric and not concentric about the location boss.
octanepwr

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having issues with speed sensor possibly...

Last time my speedo died I replaced the whole sensor unit (internal+external) with a 2nd hand and it worked fine for 3 years.
Now it has died I replaced the sender only (the MR122305 part of ebay) and it isn't working.

If the mark you line up on the sensor e.g. 29-32 on the transfer case it at the top (as previous poster said align your required number to the top of the transfer case), it looks like mine is in the wrong place. However I don't get how it worked for 3 years and the teeth don't look damaged in any way.

I don't have a handy 12V PSU to do the spin/pulse test. I could mess around with leads and the engine start battery but rather not subject to the below.

If I rotate the thing until it lines up with the right teeth amount, will it risk damaging it at all if I get it wrong?

I also tried with ignition on earthing the middle plug on the pin which was meant to max the speedo out but didn't - is this analysis correct that perhaps my problem is with the speedo this time - however I have my doubts as see the impact of dodgy solder on my rev gauge - it comes on and off all the time - the speedo is just fully stone cold dead?
The positive pin is reading battery voltage.

Thanks if anyone can provide any insight
dhammika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

octanepwr, if pointer is not moving when grounding the blue wire means, there is a connection problem. You need to fix that first.

I will take a photo of my pajero and post here to understand how the cog hosing should be fixed into the transfer case.
octanepwr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks. I have removed speedo once before but any tips on which connections might be dodgy - or is it just look by sight?
Be great to see the pics of lining it up, and understanding if i get it off by a tooth or two and test drive will I shred the cog?
dhammika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

octanepwr wrote:
ok thanks. I have removed speedo once before but any tips on which connections might be dodgy - or is it just look by sight?
Be great to see the pics of lining it up, and understanding if i get it off by a tooth or two and test drive will I shred the cog?

Sorry completely forgot to post a photo. I will do that tonight
dhammika

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the small mark and in the transfer case housing and the trangle mark in the cog housing for the teth number (inside red circle)

Google Photos URL incase imgur decided not to allow forums to show their images Smile
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TQpFsoD7CkfvUbNB8
octanepwr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah great thanks.
I will check this prior to pulling the speedo out but would like to think last time I changed it i put it in right...
Any obvious joints/bits on the speedo to look for?
octanepwr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed! had some dodgy joints and some of the copper surface was near broken, so soldered some jumper wires on.

Sensor was in right.
Hugh Michael

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all very helpful, thanks a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: